Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where the hell in KGP - An experience to remember !!

Blogging requires a lot of effort from my side, especially since I am more or less busy all the time and can hardly take time out for posting. However, once in a while, you experience a strong feeling, one which lasts within you much longer than any other, one which makes you feel nostalgic, proud, emotional, and all those feelings which can't even be expressed in words. And you suddenly want to document it forever, so that you can relive the moment whenever you want.
One such thing that made me feel all the above feelings was this video called " Where the hell in kgp" made by one of my fellow seniors called Sarabjeet ( a.k.a. Surd ) ... This guy who cracks the worst of Pj's and hardly ever appears to be talking serious stuff is usually not taken seriously by anyone who knows him .... So when one of my friends informed me that Surd had made a video called the above based on "Where the hell is Matt" ( a famous video on youtube ), I thought that it was merely another one of Surd's bad jokes, this time based on IIT Kharagpur. But I was mistaken !! And to what an extent !! The video is about the different places inside the sprawling 2000 acre campus of IIT Kharagpur and it made me go through my entire 4 year experience here at Kharagpur... I relived each one of those moments and felt so grateful towards this campus, which has transformed me from a shy boy to a confident individual, given me so many moments to remember, given me a truckload of awesome friends, filled my life with so much meaning !!! The reason why the video makes you feel so high on emotions ia also largely attributed to the background of this video, which is a song called as "Praan" composed by Gary Schyman and sung by Pablasha Siddique, (a 17 yr old Bangaldeshi girl, with a golden soothing voice ) with lyrics adapted from the poem "Stream of Life," a part of the Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore. Firstly, hats off to Surd, for making this video. I and all the other kgpians will always be grateful to him for having given us this video and for that superb ( read : Surdy ) dance !! And secondly, IIT Kharagpur is heaven !! ... No matter what people say about it and no matter how much we love to hate it, its one place I am so damn proud to be a part of and will always be till I am at my grave!!

Reminds me of the lines from Bryan adams legendary song Summer of 69
"Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life !! "


Here's the video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnzd5LgBsJM

No comments:

Post a Comment